Happy Juneteenth! Today we celebrate the end of slavery in the US. In solidarity, I am hoping to raise awareness on the amazing creative work Black folks are doing in our community. I've been highlighting Black-owned wedding businesses in Seattle each day this week over on Instagram. I also wanted to put a list here on the blog so that couples have an easy reference point!
If you have additions to this list of Black-owned wedding businesses in Seattle, please comment or send me an e-mail! I would love to know about them, add them to this list, and refer clients to them.
Black-Owned Jewelry & Accessories
- Valerie Madison Fine Jewelry makes INCREDIBLE jewelry, including custom engagement rings. Everything they make is gorgeous. You can check out their Instagram feed, full of beautiful work, here!
- Lika Love Boutique has a ton of cute stuff, including accessories like sunglasses, scarves, and shapewear. I love that there is a whole section of the online store devoted to self-care! Right now they also have a subscription box. Super cool! You can also find them on Instagram!
Black-Owned Hair & Makeup
- Andro Barbershop is a Black-owned, queer-owned barbershop for everyone! Super inclusive and welcoming, and doing awesome work.
- Coven Salon does all sorts of wonderful things to hair, and even offers tarot readings! How fun! You can see their work here.
- In Bloom does hair, brows, lashes, and even permanent cosmetics! Check out their Instagram here.
- Makeup artist Shalonda Peguero specializes in makeup on all skin tones. Check out their feed for gorgeous images!
- Vasuda Salon specializes in curly hair, including natural hair, and also offers services like waxing and makeup. Check out their Seattle Instagram here!
- Ike & Tash are a husband-and-wife couple who specialize in weddings and portraiture. Their work is gorgeous!
- Captured by Candace Photography is owned by Candace Connor, who specializes in weddings, portraits, and events. See their work over on Instagram!
- Emazing Photography is owned by Erica, a Seattle native who currently has some incredible pregnancy portraits over on Instagram!
- Lessie Blue Photography is owned by Lessie McFarland and based in Tacoma. She specializes in weddings and does travel, too! Check out her feed here.
- Brown Sugar Baking Company has some seriously scrumptious vegan desserts on deck, and gluten-free options too! They also do savory vegan catering. Check out amazing cookie photos here.
- Osteria la Spiga is the go-to for authentic Italian food, including faves like herb-roasted chicken and tiramisu. They do catering and private dining! You can see their beautiful plates here.
- Plum Bistro is a beloved vegan bistro in Cap Hill that offers DIY catering, private dinners, and a food truck! Owner Makini Howell has been recognized by the NY Times as one of the 16 Black chefs changing food in America. See their Instagram feed here.
- That Brown Girl Cooks is owned by chef Kristi Brown. She blends soul food with global influences, and everything she makes looks incredible! Currently she is feeding the community for free, and you can learn more about that (and how to donate) on her Instagram.
- Sugar Queen Bakery offers wedding cakes, cupcakes, and more, using local ingredients. Chef Nialla also recently finished her master's degree! Congrats! Check out their Instagram here.
Black-Owned Wine, Beer, Breweries, & Spirits
- Ballard Beer Company is a bottle shop and tap room that also does private events! Check out their feed here.
- Poco Wine & Spirits in Cap Hill is owned by Rashida Burnham. They offer private events, wine tastings, and are currently offering to-go orders! See more from them over on Instagram.
- Metier Brewing in Woodinville is Washington’s first Black-owned brewery! Owned by Rodney Hines, Metier offers great beer and private rentals. Check out their feed here!
- Footprint Wine Tap is owned by Ken Dillon and offers keg wine taps and private events. They also have a cabaret sing-along in non-COVID times. Amazing! See more from them here!
Black-Owned Floral Design
- Fortunate Orchard is owned by Hannah Morgan, who is a fellow Slow Flowers member and delightful human being! She is super talented and makes beautiful things.
- Wild Bloom Floral is the wedding floral studio of Kristen Griffith-VanderYacht, our very own homegrown flower celeb! Kristen has been doing high-profile weddings for years, and recently made a splash as a judge in Netflix's The Big Flower Fight. Kristen is a huge inspiration to many of us flower folks!
Black-Owned Event Design & Planning
- K Hancock Events is owned by Kiara Hancock, who offers everything from wedding planning, coordination, floral design, and design guidance. You can see some of their amazing work over on Instagram!
- Sinclair & Moore offers wedding coordination, event design, and floral design. Founder Steve Moore has experience as a wedding DJ, cake artist, dressmaker, floral designer, and coordinator--talk about a Renaissance man! See more over on Instagram!
- (Updated 7/23) Sway Events offers wedding and event planning, and their portfolio is stunning! The dynamic duo of Vicki + Melissa can help you with day-of coordination, event design, and even elopement planning! They are also offering elopement packages right now. Check them out over on Instagram!
I'm sure there are so many other amazing Black-owned businesses that cater to wedding couples. I'd love to keep adding to this list, so please e-mail or comment if you have additions!